The National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) and GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) filed the suit, Doe v. Trump, in response to President Donald Trump’s recent tweets calling for a full ban on transgender people serving in the United States military. The complaint, which can be viewed here, rests on claims of equal protection, due process and estoppel, based on the inequity of the reversal of military policy after thousands of service members followed protocol and informed their chain of command that they are transgender. — Joe
- Reynen Court’s services automation platform seeks to standardize BigLaw needs for legal software
- Presidential Norms and Article II
- What can lawyers learn — or should learn — from data visualization?
- Does Fastcase have the largest user population?
- The Washington Supreme Court Bans Life-Without-Parole Sentences for Teens
- Presidential Attacks on the Press
- Weekend Reading: Sanger’s The Perfect Weapon: War, Sabotage, and Fear in the Cyber Age
- The Famous People in the Family Trees of Supreme Court Justices
- New York Legal Assistance Group sues the Board of Immigration Appeals for access to unpublished final decisions and orders
- Washington State Death Penalty Statute Ruled Unconstitutional under State Constitution
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 173,798 hits