The 2016 edition of Keeping America Informed: The U.S. Government Publishing Office: A Legacy of Service to the Nation, 1861-2016 describes GPO’s transition from traditional monotype and linotype printing to the digital technology of the 21st Century. Highlights include the role the agency has played in the production and dissemination of federal Government information, from the Emancipation Proclamation, to the Warren Commission and 9/11 Commission Reports, to the latest in secure passport and smart card technologies. Its authoritative text and engaging images depict the dedication of its employees, past and present, GPO’s critical contribution to all federal organizations, Congress, and to the well-being of the American people. Download PDF version. — Joe
- First Vigil tracks criminal charges of white supremacists
- Should law professors bring about a ‘low tech revolution’ to their classrooms?
- Weekend Reading: Seth Abramson’s Proof of Collusion: How Trump Betrayed America
- BigLaw Willing to Spend $400K on Bonuses for Outgoing SCOTUS Clerks
- Gienapp’s The Second Creation: Fixing the American Constitution in the Founding Era
- NYT’s Facebook Exposé on Company’s Response to Election Crisis
- Trump Announces Support for the FIRST STEP Act
- Early Coverage of Draft Brexit Agreement
- Text of the Draft Brexit Agreement
- Authorship in the Age of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 179,972 hits