Here’s the text of the new Graham-Cassidy bill and a summary of its provisions from Senator Cassidy’s website. For an analysis, see Timothy Jost’s New Graham-Cassidy Bill: A Last GOP Shot At ACA Repeal And Replace Through Reconciliation, Health Affairs Blog (Sept 13, 2017), noting “The fundamental idea of the Graham-Cassidy bill is to terminate the ACA’s Medicaid expansions, premium tax credits, cost-sharing reduction payments, small business tax credits, and Basic Health Program as of 2019 and redistribute the money funding those programs to the states, using a complex formula described below. The bill would also impose per capita caps on Medicaid funding generally, also offering the states the alternative of a broader Medicaid block grant. Finally, the bill contains a number of tax cuts and health care regulation changes taken from earlier Senate repeal bills.” — Joe
- The Famous People in the Family Trees of Supreme Court Justices
- New York Legal Assistance Group sues the Board of Immigration Appeals for access to unpublished final decisions and orders
- Washington State Death Penalty Statute Ruled Unconstitutional under State Constitution
- What is 5G?
- Stanley’s How Fascism Works: The Politics of Us and Them
- Is there a template for legal analysis?
- Clinical Education and Political Lawyering for the 21st Century
- CRS Report: Global Trends in Democracy: Background, U.S. Policy, and Issues for Congress
- Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest
- Federal Circuit Makes Briefs Immediately Available to the Public
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 173,479 hits