Dutch national Alex van der Zwaan become the first person sentenced in special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation. On Tuesday in federal court in Washington, having pleaded guilty to lying to federal agents, van der Zwaan was sentenced to 30 days in prison for lying to investigators about contacts with ex-Trump aide Rick Gates. For more, see this BBC report. — Joe
- What is the Toronto Declaration?
- Can the Senate Decline to Try an Impeachment Case?
- Prosecuting the President: How Special Prosecutors Hold Presidents Accountable and Protect the Rule of Law
- Zuboff on the Age of Surveillance Capitalism
- LexisNexis to exit the PMS market with sale of LexisOne
- Weekend Reading: Nussbaum’s The Monarchy of Fear: A Philosopher Looks at Our Political Crisis
- More than 1,400 Conflicts of Interest as the President Promotes His Businesses as Extensions of His Presidency and Administration
- Re-evaluating all trade shows, Thomson Reuters withdraws as an ABA TECHSHOW exhibitor
- The Misinformation Age: How False Beliefs Spread
- Judicial Analytics and the Great Transformation of American Law
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 192,580 hits