In yet another effort by the Trump administration to pull away from international organizations and agreements that it finds objectionable, yesterday the US withdrew from the UN Human Rights Council, citing as its reason the Council’s frequent criticism of Israel’s treatment of Palestinians. The Trump administration also likely wants to distance itself from a body critical of its own policies. New York Times story here. The Atlantic profiles the Human Rights Council here. — Joe
- CRS Report: Congressional Access to the President’s Federal Tax Returns
- President Issues Executive Order on University “Free Inquiry” and Student Loans; Read the Text
- Callister’s Field Guide to Legal Research
- A Skeptical View of Information Fiduciaries
- PACER Attacked as ‘Judicially Approved Scam’
- Who is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?
- What constitutes judicial influence and how should it be measured?
- CRS Report: Arms Control and Nonproliferation: A Catalog of Treaties and Agreements
- Special Counsel Prosecutors Started Investigating Michael Cohen in July 2017; Read the Documents Related to Search Warrant
- Global Data Privacy: The EU Way
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 203,866 hits