From Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh: His Jurisprudence and Potential Impact on the Supreme Court (R45293, August 21, 2018): “understanding Judge Kavanaugh’s views on the law is one method to gauge how the Supreme Court might be affected by his appointment. In attempting to ascertain how Judge Kavanaugh could influence the High Court, however, it is important to note at the onset that, for various reasons, it often is difficult to predict accurately a nominee’s likely contributions to the Court based on his or her prior experience. That said, the nominee is a well-known jurist with a robust record, composed of both judicial opinions and non-judicial writings, in which he has made his views on the law and the role of the judge fairly clear. Central to the nominee’s judicial philosophy is the concept of judicial formalism and a belief that the ‘rule of law’ must be governed by a ‘law of rules.’” — Joe
- Weekend Reading: McCabe’s The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age and Terror of Trump
- Can algorithmic governance be squared with legal principles of governmental transparency?
- Must Presidential Pardons Satisfy a Specificity Requirement?
- Read Mueller’s Sentencing Memo for Michael Flynn
- Teaching and Reaching Law Students in the Post-Millennial Generation
- Thomson Reuters “Streamlining;” Sets Aside $2 Billion to Grow Legal and Tax Businesses
- Judge says artificial intelligence could have been used to reduce attorney fees
- Solum’s Theories of Statutory Interpretation and Construction
- CRS Report: US Sanctions on Russia
- GPO Launches in Beta United States Legislative Markup (USLM) XML
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 184,968 hits