The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change released a report, suggesting that we are currently on track for around 3 degrees Celsius of warming caused by greenhouse gas emissions. The authors found that if greenhouse gas emissions continue at the current rate, the atmosphere will warm up by as much as 2.7 degrees Fahrenheit (1.5 degrees Celsius) above preindustrial levels by 2040, inundating coastlines and intensifying droughts and poverty. The IPCC authors promise that we will see coastal cities swallowed by the sea, global food shortages, and $54 trillion in climate-associated costs as soon as 2040.
- CRS Report: Conference Committee and Related Procedures: An Introduction
- Weekend Reading: Siege: Trump Under Fire
- Use of AI at Casetext
- CRS Report: An Overview of State and Federal Authority to Impose Vaccination Requirements
- OECD Adopts New Principles on Artificial Intelligence
- What would be a legal intelligence platform? (Is one possibility hiding in plain sight?)
- In 1982, ExxonMobil Scientists Predicted Carbon Dioxide Would Reach 410-420 ppm by 2020; Read the Internal Report
- Michael Flynn’s Sentencing Documents Show Obstruction From Both Trump and Members of Congress; Read the documents
- All Idaho State Regulations Set to Expire on July 1
- Weekend Reading: Building the Data-Driven Law Firm
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 212,582 hits