The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change released a report, suggesting that we are currently on track for around 3 degrees Celsius of warming caused by greenhouse gas emissions. The authors found that if greenhouse gas emissions continue at the current rate, the atmosphere will warm up by as much as 2.7 degrees Fahrenheit (1.5 degrees Celsius) above preindustrial levels by 2040, inundating coastlines and intensifying droughts and poverty. The IPCC authors promise that we will see coastal cities swallowed by the sea, global food shortages, and $54 trillion in climate-associated costs as soon as 2040.
- Information Policy for Information Professionals
- Colorado Caps Insulin Co-Pays at $100/month
- CRS Report: Retroactive Legislation: A Primer for Congress
- The ABA Profile of the Legal Profession on Legal Research Choices and Adoption of Artificial Intelligence-based Tools
- Rethinking the Dual Provider Licensing Equation
- Fastcase, Casetext, ROSS and Reconsidering the Sole Provider Option
- What technology tools rank most important to lawyers in driving efficiency?
- Reinforcing the ‘Crumbling Infrastructure of Legal Research’ Through Court-Authored Metadata
- What is the Current State of Natural Language Generation for Content Creation?
- Ethical Tensions in Using Applied AI Output from Predictive Technology
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 223,953 hits