The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change released a report, suggesting that we are currently on track for around 3 degrees Celsius of warming caused by greenhouse gas emissions. The authors found that if greenhouse gas emissions continue at the current rate, the atmosphere will warm up by as much as 2.7 degrees Fahrenheit (1.5 degrees Celsius) above preindustrial levels by 2040, inundating coastlines and intensifying droughts and poverty. The IPCC authors promise that we will see coastal cities swallowed by the sea, global food shortages, and $54 trillion in climate-associated costs as soon as 2040.
- Precedent in a Polarized Era
- CRS Report: The Legislative Process on the House Floor: An Introduction
- CRS Report: Abortion: Judicial History and Legislative Response
- Weekend Reading: Souza’s Shade: A Tale of Two Presidents
- Google’s Year in Search 2018
- Meet the 2018 I Love My Librarian Award Recipients
- Read Accused Russian Spy Maria Butina’s Plea Agreement
- Said & Silbey on Narrative Topoi in the Digital Age
- CRS Report: Shutdown of the Federal Government: Causes, Processes, and Effects
- Read AMI’s Non-Prosecution Agreement
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 185,636 hits