Chief Justice Roberts has referred 15 complaints related to statements Justice Kavanaugh made during his confirmation hearing to the 10th Circuit for investigation according to the Washington Post. The allegations center on whether Kavanaugh was dishonest and lacked judicial temperament during his Senate testimony. These complaints were initially received by the U.S. Court of Appeals prior to Kavanaugh’s seating on the Supreme Court. Chief Judge Merrick Garland recused himself from the matter. Here’s the text of the letter from Chief Justice Roberts referring Kavanaugh complaints to the 10th Circuit.
- Weekend Reading: White Shoe: How a New Breed of Wall Street Lawyers Changed Big Business and the American Century
- Reporters Without Borders Releases 2019 World Press Freedom Index
- Pew: Growing Partisan Divide Over Fairness of the Nation’s Tax System
- The Origins of Substantive Due Process
- Read the Redacted Mueller Report
- Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press Releases Updated 50-State Survey of Open Records and Open Meetings Laws
- Barnes & Noble Offers Free Download of the Mueller Report
- CRS Report: Presidential Terms and Tenure: Perspectives and Proposals for Change
- 2019 AIA/ALA Library Building Awards
- Attorney General Barr Issues Rule To Keep Some Asylum Seekers From Posting Bail; Read the Ruling
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 207,805 hits