Chief Justice Roberts has referred 15 complaints related to statements Justice Kavanaugh made during his confirmation hearing to the 10th Circuit for investigation according to the Washington Post. The allegations center on whether Kavanaugh was dishonest and lacked judicial temperament during his Senate testimony. These complaints were initially received by the U.S. Court of Appeals prior to Kavanaugh’s seating on the Supreme Court. Chief Judge Merrick Garland recused himself from the matter. Here’s the text of the letter from Chief Justice Roberts referring Kavanaugh complaints to the 10th Circuit.
- Precedent in a Polarized Era
- CRS Report: The Legislative Process on the House Floor: An Introduction
- CRS Report: Abortion: Judicial History and Legislative Response
- Weekend Reading: Souza’s Shade: A Tale of Two Presidents
- Google’s Year in Search 2018
- Meet the 2018 I Love My Librarian Award Recipients
- Read Accused Russian Spy Maria Butina’s Plea Agreement
- Said & Silbey on Narrative Topoi in the Digital Age
- CRS Report: Shutdown of the Federal Government: Causes, Processes, and Effects
- Read AMI’s Non-Prosecution Agreement
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 185,648 hits