Sens. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) and Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) filed a complaint in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on Monday, claiming that Trump violated the Appointments Clause of the Constitution by choosing Whitaker for a Cabinet-level position even though Whitaker has never been Senate confirmed for a position. The complaint seeks to block Whitaker from serving in the role, which includes overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election.
- CRS Report: Conference Committee and Related Procedures: An Introduction
- Weekend Reading: Siege: Trump Under Fire
- Use of AI at Casetext
- CRS Report: An Overview of State and Federal Authority to Impose Vaccination Requirements
- OECD Adopts New Principles on Artificial Intelligence
- What would be a legal intelligence platform? (Is one possibility hiding in plain sight?)
- In 1982, ExxonMobil Scientists Predicted Carbon Dioxide Would Reach 410-420 ppm by 2020; Read the Internal Report
- Michael Flynn’s Sentencing Documents Show Obstruction From Both Trump and Members of Congress; Read the documents
- All Idaho State Regulations Set to Expire on July 1
- Weekend Reading: Building the Data-Driven Law Firm
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 212,645 hits