Sens. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) and Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) filed a complaint in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on Monday, claiming that Trump violated the Appointments Clause of the Constitution by choosing Whitaker for a Cabinet-level position even though Whitaker has never been Senate confirmed for a position. The complaint seeks to block Whitaker from serving in the role, which includes overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election.
- Blockchains are getting hacked
- Teaching Law Students Media Literacy in the Fake News Era
- The Case for an ABA Accreditation Standard on Employment Outcomes
- ACLU Challenges National Emergency Declaration; Read the complaint
- Scientific Methods for Analyzing Original Meaning: Corpus Linguistics and the Emoluments Clauses
- US News to create scholarly impact ranking for law schools
- 16 States File Lawsuit over Trump’s Emergency Declaration; Read the Complaint
- Lexical Ordering in Statutory Interpretation
- Trump Ranked Third Worst President
- Series of Blockchain White Papers Published by Lex Mundi
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 198,606 hits