In Texas v. United States, Judge Reed O’Connor (N.D. Tex.) Friday issued a sweeping and breathtaking ruling striking the entire Affordable Care Act. Judge O’Connor ruled that the individual mandate could no longer be supported by Congress’s taxing power; that the individual mandate is not severable from the rest of the ACA; and that therefore the entire ACA must fail. For an analysis, see this Constitutional Law Professor Blog post.
- Tech Advances Cause BigLaw Firm to Offer Buyout to All Legal Secretaries
- The Seven Patterns of AI
- Does Peer Review or Bibliometrics Better Predict Scholarly Impact?
- Maintaining Scholarly Integrity in the Age of Bibliometrics
- Gorsuch’s A Republic, If You Can Keep It
- Are Concurring Opinions Justifiable?
- First Law Prof Rankings of Citations in Non-Law Journals
- The Rise of the Big Four Accounting Firms Move into Legal Services
- The Judicial Demand for Explainable Artificial Intelligence
- Buying Machine Learning Algorithms
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 226,614 hits