In Texas v. United States, Judge Reed O’Connor (N.D. Tex.) Friday issued a sweeping and breathtaking ruling striking the entire Affordable Care Act. Judge O’Connor ruled that the individual mandate could no longer be supported by Congress’s taxing power; that the individual mandate is not severable from the rest of the ACA; and that therefore the entire ACA must fail. For an analysis, see this Constitutional Law Professor Blog post.
- (no title)
- Witness written statements in first Judiciary Committee impeachment hearing
- The Trump-Ukraine Impeachment Inquiry Report
- Negotiating the American Constitution (1787-1789) Coalitions, Process Rules, and Compromises
- Measuring Law Faculty Scholarly Impact by Citations: Reliable and Valid for Collective Faculty Ranking
- Is There a Case for Statistical Precedent?
- When Courts Should Ignore Statutory Text
- Beck’s The Parts We Skip: A Taxonomy of Constitutional Irrelevancy
- TR Legal Secures Mutiyear DOJ Contract
- Impeachment Inquiry: Read the House Democrats’ Resolution
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 232,654 hits