In Texas v. United States, Judge Reed O’Connor (N.D. Tex.) Friday issued a sweeping and breathtaking ruling striking the entire Affordable Care Act. Judge O’Connor ruled that the individual mandate could no longer be supported by Congress’s taxing power; that the individual mandate is not severable from the rest of the ACA; and that therefore the entire ACA must fail. For an analysis, see this Constitutional Law Professor Blog post.
- LexisNexis to exit the PMS market with sale of LexisOne
- Weekend Reading: Nussbaum’s The Monarchy of Fear: A Philosopher Looks at Our Political Crisis
- More than 1,400 Conflicts of Interest as the President Promotes His Businesses as Extensions of His Presidency and Administration
- Re-evaluating all trade shows, Thomson Reuters withdraws as an ABA TECHSHOW exhibitor
- The Misinformation Age: How False Beliefs Spread
- Judicial Analytics and the Great Transformation of American Law
- ARL Library Statistics 2016-2017 Now Available
- 50-State Survey on Statutes of Limitations
- National Cannabis Industry Association’s 50-State Survey of Marijuana Policies
- Disruptive Leadership in Legal Education
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 192,370 hits