Yesterday, President Trump issued an executive order directing U.S. agencies to prioritize keeping the U.S. ahead in the development and deployment of artificial intelligence because “[c]ontinued American leadership in AI is of paramount importance to maintaining the economic and national security of the United States and to shaping the global evolution of AI in a manner consistent with our Nation’s values, policies, and priorities.” Trump did not, however, allocate specific sums of money, but told aides to tally up what it will cost to maintain the lead, and to budget for it. Read the executive order here.
- Lexical Ordering in Statutory Interpretation
- Trump Ranked Third Worst President
- Series of Blockchain White Papers Published by Lex Mundi
- 50-state Survey of Security Breach Notification Laws
- Green New Deal Resolution Status
- Julian Assange and the Politics of Transparency
- The Continued Relevance of Legislative History in an Era of Textualism
- ARL Annual Salary Survey for FY 2017–2018 Released
- Read the Executive Order on Maintaining American Leadership in Artificial Intelligence
- Advice for Law Student Blogging
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 198,067 hits