From the introduction to The First Step Act of 2018: An Overview (R45558, Mar. 4, 2019): “On December 21, 2018, President Trump signed into law the First Step Act of 2018 (P.L. 115-391). The act was the culmination of several years of congressional debate about what Congress might do to reduce the size of the federal prison population while also creating mechanisms to maintain public safety. This report provides an overview of the provisions of the act.”
- Jeffrey Epstein’s Will
- Information Policy for Information Professionals
- Colorado Caps Insulin Co-Pays at $100/month
- CRS Report: Retroactive Legislation: A Primer for Congress
- The ABA Profile of the Legal Profession on Legal Research Choices and Adoption of Artificial Intelligence-based Tools
- Rethinking the Dual Provider Licensing Equation
- Fastcase, Casetext, ROSS and Reconsidering the Sole Provider Option
- What technology tools rank most important to lawyers in driving efficiency?
- Reinforcing the ‘Crumbling Infrastructure of Legal Research’ Through Court-Authored Metadata
- What is the Current State of Natural Language Generation for Content Creation?
Just in case you don't get it: The views expressed are solely those of the blog post author and should not be attributed to anyone else, meaning they do not necessarily represent the views of any organization that the post author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author who publishes on this blog.
- 224,081 hits